How to Apply
Required Cover Sheet
KEY DATES for 2012-2013 INVESTMENT CYCLE AND BigBANG! FAST PITCH
November 5, 2012 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. Information Session regarding application to be an SVP Investee and to present in the Fast Pitch at bigBANG!
January 18, 2013 Semi-finalists invited to participate in Fast Pitch and/or to submit full proposals to become SVP Investee
January 23, 2013 Fast Pitch Information Workshop; coaching begins
February 19, 2013, 9 a.m. Full proposals due
March 4-15, 2013 Site visits for Investee finalists
April 10, 2013, 6 – 10 p.m. bigBANG! and Fast Pitch presentations (Note new date; original date was April 11.)
April 30, 2013 Investee decision announced
June 2013 Investee Engagement begins
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the complete guidelines in the Application Documents above.
1. Complete the Cover Sheet.
2. Complete the two-page narrative document with your responses to the questions below. The narrative should not exceed two pages in length.
1. What important social issue do you tackle?
a. What are you doing to solve that issue? Please be specific.
b. Give one example of how a client might use your services.
2. Innovation: Give one example of a way your organization innovated and the improvement it brought about. You may showcase improvements in programs or systems and operations.
3. How do you measure success?
a. What are you doing that is more effective than other organizations working on the same issue?
4. Areas for Capacity Building: What specific challenges have you identified to improve your organization’s systems and operations?
a. How would you use SVP volunteer consulting services to help you make changes?
b. How would you use SVP funds for capacity building and/or operations?
c. How you will know if the organizational improvement projects with SVP are a success?
d. How will your clients benefit if you strengthen your organization in these ways?
3. Send to the Investment Team by email as a Word document or .pdf to grants @csvp.org.
1. Cover Sheet
2. Two-page narrative
3. Copy of your IRS 501(c)(3) letter of not-for-profit status or proof of fiscal sponsorship
4. Resume of the executive director
4. We will notify you by email that we have received your application.
5. We will let you know whether or not you’ve been selected to submit a full proposal to become an SVP Investee and to present at bigBANG!
· SVP Capacity-Building Assessment Tool – Helps not-for-profit organizations assess their current organizational capacity, prioritize goals, and guide their planning.
· Read more about bigBANG!
· Read more about social innovation here.
Contact Linda Springer